Kathe Kirby: We must align ourselves with Asia
MELBOURNE, 30 October 2012 - Speaking to Today Tonight, Asia Education Foundation executive director Kathe Kirby says that Australia must align itself and its education policies with Asia.
Kirby stressed that today's five-year old students will enter the workforce in 2025 in a world where China and India are major global economies and it is up to Australian schools to equip these students for the future.
- Australia's economic growth
- M.S. Swaminathan on the 'evergreen revolution'
- Margaret Byrne: debunks myths of etiquette in Asia
- The 1st Australian International Student guide
- Kathe Kirby: Are Australian students Asia literate?
- Asialink talks to international students during O-week 2010
- White Paper to build Australia's role in Asia
- Highlights of Opposition Leader Tony Abbott's National Forum address
- Senator Penny Wong on Australia in the Asian Century