PM Kevin Rudd urges Asia literacy at the Asialink National Forum
Prime Minister Kevin Rudd has urged that Australia give effect to a much higher Asia literacy in a speech delivered at the Asialink Asia Society National Forum at Parliament House, Canberra.
Prime Minister Rudd identified his government as a pioneer of Australia-Asia engagement and expressed optimism in future relations, be they institutional or people-to-people.
“The next generation of Australians will be great celebrators of this exciting cultural engagement,” he said.
- Australia's economic growth
- M.S. Swaminathan on the 'evergreen revolution'
- Margaret Byrne: debunks myths of etiquette in Asia
- The 1st Australian International Student guide
- Kathe Kirby: Are Australian students Asia literate?
- Asialink talks to international students during O-week 2010
- White Paper to build Australia's role in Asia
- Highlights of Opposition Leader Tony Abbott's National Forum address
- Senator Penny Wong on Australia in the Asian Century